5 Ways Companies Use Fleet Telematics to Increase ROI
Companies Use Fleet Telematics to Increase ROI
The concept of using a Fleet Telematics
system is simple: It provides a means of measuring your fleet’s usage to increase ROI, and; therefore enables your business to manage inefficiencies including:
- Unnecessary fuel consumption (aggressive starts, idle time, and speeding)
- Risky Driving Behavior (Speeding, following too close, distracted driving)
- Wear and tear (excessive braking, multiple trips to nearby destinations)
- Overdue maintenance
- Inefficient Driving
Managing these inefficiencies will instead provide:
- Labor savings – vehicle location enables the closest fleet vehicles to make stops en route before returning to dispatch instead of returning to dispatch for further direction
- Reduction in Accidents: businesses can enforce their safety policies and maintain a safer fleet.
- Fuel savings – better driving habits and combining service calls mean big savings at the pump!
- Accurate billing – businesses know exactly when technicians arrive and depart from their service calls, providing valuable reports to handle billing complaints
- Rout Optimization – optimizing routs enables fleets to reduce their miles driven, improve delivery times, and have a tremendous effect on customer satisfaction.
There are endless way to increase the ROI from Fleet Telematics systems. But without setting the right goals and developing a strategy, little ROI will ever be seen. Once you know why you need a Fleet Telematics Solutions, its time to develop a strategy to achieve the ROI you desire.